Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oscar Love

I love the Oscars...well mostly I love the red carpet and then watch the awards after wards because I feel 'invested.' Lately award shows have been leaving me feeling underwhelmed to say the least. Not as many starlets are embracing fashion, I feel like I keep seeing the same thing over and over again. This award season however I had my favorites...Hailee Steinfeld, Mila Kunis, and Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine), these women have continuously wowed me every time their foot hits a red carpet.

This Oscars was no exception, I added Cate Blanchett in with my favorites. Many people were on the fence with this structural/romantic number done by Givenchy, but Cate has always dressed for fashion and I love it. This is a dress that made my jaw drop, she is always perfection!
Harper's Bazaar - Cate Blanchett in Givenchy

Harper's Bazaar - Mila Kunis in Elie Saab

Gaurdian UK - Florence Welch in Valentino

Harper's Bazaar - Hailee Steinfeld in Marcsa (she helped design..sigh)
Sportifi - Florence Welch at Elton John's afterparty

No comments: