Thursday, September 11, 2008

OU vs. OSU, close call!


This past Saturday Ohio battled Ohio. The Green vs. the Red, Ohio University vs. The Ohio State University, Bucks vs. Bobcats. 

NO ONE, and I am stressing that, thought that Saturday's game would be one of mention. All us OU fans hoped for was a decent display and to show OSU how the Bobcats got down. The night started at Lodgebar (lame I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do) for the alumni night. I walked in was astonished by the all Green and White floating around the bar. OU pride was everywhere and I loved it. We chatted, we drank, we danced, we laughed, there was flirting and we went home to start our day of tailgating. Tailgating is something that OSU could show us a thing or two about. 

Walking to the stadium I was greeted by lots of "Go Cats!" "Yeah OU" and "Look Green" still I never thought my OU pride would shine so bright as it did between 12pm - 3pm that fateful Saturday. We PLAYED. I am not a huge football fan, but I was beaming ear to ear. The team that I always wrote off as the worst in the land was holding their own against the number three team in the Big Ten. That's something worth being proud of. I hope that now when I say that I am an OU alum I don't hear the infamous "Party School" but "Wow, who would of thought the Bobcats." All I am saying is that Bobcats got along with the Bucks, showed that they were impartial fans, and were proud of the Bobcats, but inevitably happy the Bucks still one. Because in the end, if you are from Ohio, you are a Buckeye.

No comments: